Cops in Texas need to take better classes on weed identification. Read More →
George Knapp welcomed Judge Jim Gray for a discussion on the possibility of reforming Denver medical marijuana and America’s drug laws, taking illegal drug usage from a criminal issue into a social and medical one. “Drug prohibition is the biggest failed policy in the history of our country, second only to slavery,” he declared, adding that a victory today in the War on Drugs is simply slowing the pace of defeat. People should be held accountable for their actions (such as putting others’ safety at risk), but not for what they put in their body in their body, he commented.
Judge Gray cited four steps that could help with the drug problem, and serve as an alternative to incarcerating people for usage– education, treatment/prevention, economic incentives, and individual responsibility. The Rand Corporation released a study that said there was 7 times more benefit for drug treatment per dollar as compared to imprisoning users, he reported.
More Denver Medical Marijuana Videos
- Attorney Black Speaking About Denver Medical Marijuana House Bill 10-1284
- Marijuana Seizure A Complete Bust!!
- Cali Medical Marijuana Prices At An All Time Low
- THC Helps Cure Alzheimers According To Studies
- Daily Show Examines The Denver Medical Marijuana Dispensary Business
- Denver Medical Marijuana Onsite Consumption Becomes A Hot Topic In The Courts
- 4/20 Day Was Alive In Boulder